WE Magazine gives you the opportunity to contribute your work and have it published in a high end, printed editorial.
We are always looking for new, fresh and bold work! If you would like to submit your work please follow the instructions below:
Submission details and deadlines:
Issue 2: Taking submissions until 10pm (GMT) May 31st.
THEME: GENDER ISSUES - MEN IN FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY : RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PHOTOGRAPHER AND THE MODEL (MORE DETAILS UPON REQUEST)
When submitting please follow the guidelines outlined on this page. Upon reviewing submissions, "WE" Magazine reserves the rights to accept or deny any submission we receive.
Submissions are reviewed based on their content, quality and relevance.
- "WE" Magazine doesn’t provide free print copies. We also don’t pay for submissions, all photo shoot expenses for a submission to the magazine is covered by the team conducting the project.
- We are looking for only UNPUBLISHED editorials.
- If your photographs are published in "WE" Magazine, they must be ONLY published in "WE" Magazine, if we find out that they are published by another magazine they will be removed before publication, or removed from the website if it is an editorial online. Once your submissions are accepted they must not be posted online or any social media until the magazine is released.
- The cover is chosen by us.
Submission Email: [email protected]
(it can take us up to a week and a half to reply.)
- We accept Fashion, Beauty & Written Submissions.
- All submissions should be between 6 - 14 images with a minimum of 4 outfit changes. If your submissions are over 10 images, we won’t publish all images, a maximum of 8 and a minimum of 4 will be chosen, unless it is a cover story or special feature.
- Once your submission is accepted for publication the files sizes required are: 8.5 x 11 inches for Portrait orientation and 17 x 11 inches for landscape orientation images. Images should be at 300DPI. We use mostly portrait images, so the less landscape images the better. For landscape images, subjects should be to one side and not centred. Centred subjects will be distorded due to the way the pages bend inwards. Photos may be cropped to ensure the best fit if this is the case.
- When submitting for consideration, always submit your images in a zip file with low-resolution images inside as attachments, include the photographers name and a title for the story. Please do not submit high resolution attachments. If you are submitting the editorial and you are not the photographer, please confirm and present to us permission/release form from the photographer that owns the copyright to the images.
- For fashion submissions, wardrobe credits are required. For Beauty submissions, makeup credits are required. Editorials must have a minimum of 4 different looks for online publication, and a minimum of 5 for print.
- Team credits are essential for all submissions, if we have accepted your submissions and you provide the high resolution images without team credits, your submission will not be published. We won’t be held accountable for any missing or mis-spelt credit. Be sure to double check that all people involved in making the editorial are included in the credits and their names are spelt correctly. If for any reason a submission is published and a individual/s credit is missing, the person who submitted the feature will be held responsible. Along with model’s name be sure to list the agency name. Be sure to send credits as editable pdf files or Word Files.
- Once an image is accepted to be published, it grants us the permission to use your work in any of our publications, websites, videos, marketing pieces, advertisements, and any other mediums or formats used in the creation, dissemination, and monetization of "WE" Magazine.
- Once a submission is accepted by us, it must not be published in any other magazine, website, blog and Social Media networks. Once we realize that the images are published in these mediums before the particular issue is being released, we reserve the right to pull that submission from our issue without your consent.
Please note that we do not pay for your editorials as we are a small magazine and do not have the budget to do so at the moment.
Contributing Writers & Bloggers Submission
We are always looking for guest writers and bloggers who would like to contribute to the magazine and website. If you are interested in writing or blogging for us, please send an email to [email protected] with the headline “Writer Submission” or “Blogger Submission” and include writing samples and links to your work, blog or porfolio. Please note that we do not pay for your articles as we are a small magazine and do not have the budget to do so at the moment.
- Work was submitted after the deadline.
- The quality of the images aren’t to our standard.
- The submission doesn’t fit the theme for the issue.
Although your rejection could be due to any of the above stated reasons, we will not have time to state which of the reason applied to the submission. Please note that all submissions will NOT be replied to, you will receive an acceptance email once your submission has been accepted, if you don’t receive a reply within 7-10 days of your submission then it wasn’t accepted.
- All submissions must be sent before the stated deadline.
- If a submission have been accepted and the final pieces aren’t sent before the deadline, that submission will not be published in the issue for which it was accepted.
WE hope to see a lot of inspiring work! ;)
Rua do Amial, n 283, 2DTO